Fujifilm India Private Limited, a pioneer in imaging technologies, announced the launch of the FUJINON XF 18mm F1.4 R LM WR lens (XF18mmF1.4) in India today. With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27mm and aperture of F1.4, this is the 39th addition in the broad line-up of interchangeable lenses designed exclusively for the X-series mirrorless digital cameras.
The XF 18mm F1.4 R LM WR lens is a large-diameter prime lens with a wide-angle focal length of 18mm (equivalent to 27mm in the 35mm film format). The lens is endowed with a filter size of 62mm and a minimum focusing distance of 20cm. It weighs only 370g and measures 7.56cm in length, which delivers excellent portability with its compact design and makes it a contented alternative for imaging professionals for the years to come.
Following the X Series philosophy of creating a lightweight and compact imaging solutions that produce incredible image quality, the XF18mmF1.4 provides incredible optical performance without being heavy or bulky. It allows users to take premium-quality pictures in a variety of shooting situations such as landscape and snapshots, taking advantage of the natural sense of perspective the focal length brings. Additionally, offers an incredibly smooth bokeh in the image’s out-of-focus areas where the aperture with its flexibility brightens the environment and enhances the picture.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Arun Babu, General Manager Electronic Imaging and Optical Device, Fujifilm India Pvt Ltd said, “At Fujifilm, we constantly challenge ourselves to put forth the best imaging technologies for our photographers. This newly launched FUJINON XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR lens has been designed keeping in mind the dynamic needs of the consumer. It’s 35mm equivalent focal length of 27mm and a wide, versatile aperture of F1.4 makes the portable and weather-resistant prime lens the ultimate choice for sprawling landscapes, the sights and sounds of the street, and everything else in between. With its sharp image quality, photographers and filmmakers will be compelled to bring their ideas to life with Fujifilm color and XF18mmF1.4’s remarkable resolving capabilities.”
With its wide-angle focal length, the XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR can not only capture a landscape in a natural sense of perspective but also snapshots that close in on a main subject while keeping the vast background in the frame. The lens can capture even the finest details of a small subject in the background, as well as the atmosphere of the scene. The ability to shoot close-ups with the minimum working distance of just 11cm from the front lens element facilitates tabletop photography, close-up of foods set up on a table. These options make this lens truly versatile, accommodating a wide range of scenes.
The FUJINON XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR Lens is now available across India at an INR 91,999/-.
Exceptional optical performance, even at F1.4
- The XF18mmF1.4 utilizes three aspherical lenses and one ED lens among its 15 lens elements, spread across 9 groups, to minimize chromatic and comatic aberration. This means the finest details of an image will be reproduced with high levels of detail and sharpness
- The focusing group of six lens elements moves in unison to reduce aberration fluctuations, which can be caused by focusing, to deliver consistent sharpness at any focusing position on the lens
Designed for versatility
- The XF18mmF1.4 has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27mm and can achieve focus on subjects 11cm (4.33in) away from the front lens element. This gives it a broad range of applications from being used to make images of everyday moments to using it to create sweeping landscapes
Fast, accurate, and near-silent autofocus
- The XF18mmF1.4 uses an internal autofocus (AF) system, driven by a powerful linear motor, to provide fast, accurate, and near-silent AF. From the lens’s minimum object distance (MOD) of 20cm (7.87in) to infinity, the focusing group of lens elements travels a total of just 2.5mm (0.1in). This means focus can be acquired in as quickly as 0.04 seconds*1.
- If the lens must travel from MOD to infinity to acquire focus, it can still be achieved in as quickly as 0.25 seconds
- For precise control when manually focusing, components in the manual focusing ring assembly have been specially engineered to respond with precision, especially when the focusing ring is moved slightly
Compact, lightweight and weather-resistant
- The XF18mmF1.4 has a 62mm filter thread, measures 7.56cm (2.98in) in length, and weighs just 370g (0.81lb). This makes it incredibly lightweight and portable. While the lens barrel is made from metal, it is specially designed to weigh as little as possible without compromising its overall strength
- The lens has weather-resistant seals at eight locations along the lens barrel, making it resistant to dust, moisture, and temperatures as low as -10°C (14°F)
- The XF18mmF1.4 has an A (Auto) Position Lock to lock the aperture ring into the A position, which prevents accidental movement
- LH-XF18 Lens Hood for the XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR – A rectangular, aluminum lens hood for XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR helps to prevent lens flare and ghosting, which can occur when beams of light strike the front element of the lens.