To help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their goals, all this with fun challenges, Fitbit has recently rolled out a FitbitOS software update packed with new health and convenient features.
The new Fitbit OS 5.2 software update makes it even easier to stay healthy, connected, and motivated—right from your wrist.
OS 5.2 will start rolling out to Sense and Versa 3 users over the next couple of weeks, with access to following features:
- Notifications now support Hindi characters for all on-device message alerts, adding more accessibility to users around the world.
- SpO2 tracking on-wristt: With Fitbit Sense and Fitbit Versa 3, you can now see your nightly average SpO2 value and the range from your previous night’s sleep right on your wrist. Previously, all your SpO2 stats were only available on the Today dashboard on the Fitbit app. Tracking these trends over time allows you to see when there may be an indication of health-related changes in your overall wellbeing.
- Personalize your high and low heart rate notifications. Previously available only on Sense, this feature is now available on Versa 3 to help you better understand your heart health. Receive on-wrist and in-app notifications if your device detects that your heart rate goes above or below your set heart rate threshold. If you receive a notification, you can also take a survey in the Fitbit app to better understand what’s going on, and to share with your doctor.
- New on-device clock face switcher lets you swap your clock face without leaving the main screen. Simply long press the clock face for a few seconds to open the Clocks app to choose from a selection of up to five of your favorite clock faces.
- Two new goal celebrations are available to all smartwatches to delight and motivate you with bright, colorful animations when you reach your main goal.
In addition to the exciting OS 5.2 smartwatch software updates, Fitbit will also be launching the following:
- A new Snore & Noise Detect experiment is available for a limited number of Premium users to join. When your device detects that you are asleep, the microphone on your Sense or Versa 3 device samples sound every few seconds to monitor snoring and the ambient noise level in your bedroom. This helps you better understand your sleeping environment with a sound analysis of your sleep so you can discover what might be disrupting your sleep and causing your awakenings or restlessness.
- Google Assistant audible responses add even more on-the-go convenience from the popular on-device voice assistant. You can conveniently check the weather, set reminders and alarms, control smart home devices and more, now with real-time audible responses in addition to the existing speech to text on-screen for a more engaging, conversational experience right from your wrist. Google Assistant is also now available globally, adding to the regions where it launched in 2020.
- Alexa Voice Service has been introduced to 10 additional countries around the world. Now, users from India will have the added capability to receive replies in the Hindi language from the on-device voice assistant, making it easier than ever to stay connected.