Panasonic, a leading diversified technology company, is delighted to introduce the latest flagship model of the LUMIX G Series – LUMIX GH6, a stunning digital mirrorless camera based on the Micro Four Thirds system standard. Equipped with advanced processing technology and creative features, LUMIX GH6 offers outstanding mobility and high video performance, making it a perfect partner for the content creator community worldwide. Priced at INR 2,34,990 for body only, and 2,79,990 for lens kit with 12-60 f/2.8-4.0 mm lens, LUMIX GH6 is available across all Panasonic brand shops in India.
Speaking about the launch, Fumiyasu Fujimori, Managing Director, Panasonic Marketing India (PMIN) said,
“With 20 years of contribution to the imaging industry, Panasonic is committed to provide maximum product value as a tool of photography and videography for the users to unleash their creativity and challenge the ever-changing photo and video culture in today’s new digital era. In the growing needs of video streaming, content creators are more keen on the quality and uniqueness of the video contents they provide. To cater to these needs, we have developed LUMIX GH6 with advanced image processing technology to empower content creators with stunning mobility and innovative video performance. The GH6 additionally introduces new codecs directly to internal camera recording and we hope this feature will be appreciated by creators. I believe LUMIX GH6 can be widely used for various purposes including films, music videos, documentaries and short clips as photo and video hybrid camera.”
The body of the LUMIX GH6 is built with magnesium alloy and is a perfect amalgamation of performance, mobility, and rugged design. The new 25.2-megapixel Live MOS Sensor boasts a high-resolution, high-speed signal readout, and a wide dynamic range running on the Venus Engine that allows faster rendering of high-resolution images with natural noise texture and rich color reproduction, which is a hallmark of LUMIX cameras. For the first time, the LUMIX GH6 has V-Log/V-Gamut and offers 12+ stops, and 13+ stops of wide dynamic range when utilizing Dynamic Range Boost mode. The 2D and 3D Noise Reduction features enhance the visual quality of the video with dynamic motion and advanced capabilities that exceed professional standards. The autofocus performance of the LUMIX GH6 has been enhanced by utilizing the new sensor and image-processing engine. LUMIX’s intelligent heat management technology allows extended recording time without overheating the camera. For first time in LUMIX cameras, 5.7K 30p video recording in Apple ProRes 422 HQ is offered, allowing non-linear editing without transcoding.
Mr. Hardeep Sarna, Sales & Marketing Head, Imaging Business Group, Panasonic India added, “LUMIX cameras are designed to enrich and empower amateurs, budding artists, professionals alike in the content creation industry, allowing them to maintain a productive workflow and push their creativity to new heights. We are delighted to introduce the new LUMIX GH6, which unveils the pursuit of video production with next-generation technology, making it the go-to camera for aspiring professionals. Equipped with features for exceptional video recording and seamless production, the LUMIX GH6 is the answer for creators, who are on the lookout for new-age innovations which not only meet the varied requirements of videography but also prove to be a long-term camera partner.”
The LUMIX GH6 is the ideal offering for creators looking for new-age innovations that meet diverse requirements for videography. The camera allows the creators to unleash their creativity with exceptional video recording, seamless production, and live stream options.
State-of-the-art technologies that enhance video quality
- Lower minimum ISO sensitivity at ISO 100 [Photo: ISO 50(Extended) – 25600 / Video: ISO 50(Extended) -12800]
- High-precision 5-axis gyro sensor with a new algorithm to achieve 7.5 stops of Body I.S. and Dual I.S.2
- 4K video quality
Professional-quality video performance for unlimited expression
- 4:2:2 10-bit C4K 60p unlimited video recording time
- FHD maximum 300fps VFR (Equivalent to 12.5x slow motion) enables to reproduce the dynamic motion of the subject
- ProRes 422 using the CFexpress Type B card enables non-linear editing without transcoding
- DCI4K and FHD ProRes 422 HQ and ProRes 422 will also be supported with a future firmware update
- Photo Style settings – “Cinelike D2” and “Cinelike V2”
- USB host capability will be added with a future firmware update, making it possible to write the data directly to the SSD
Agile mobility and smart operation for professional use
- High speed burst shooting at 14 (AFS) / 8 (AFC) fps with a mechanical shutter and 75 fps with an electronic shutter
- 3.0-inch free-angle touch-control monitor in 3:2 aspect with 1,840K-dot high resolution
- A large, 3,680K-dot OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) LVF (Live View Finder) features a high magnification ratio of approx. 1.52x / 0.76x (35mm camera equivalent)
Reliable quality and performance for professional use and connectivity
- Double card slots – CFexpress card (Type B) and SD Memory Card UHS-II V90
- USB 3.2 Gen 2
- Rechargeable 2200mAh high-capacity battery
Future firmware update – to enhance the performance of GH6, the functions below will be available with future firmware updates following the needs of customers.
- DCI4K ProRes 422 HQ / ProRes 422
- FHD ProRes 422 HQ / ProRes 422
- USB-SSD direct recording
- 4K 120p HDMI Video output during Live View
- DCI 4K 120p HDMI RAW Video Data Output to ATOMOS Ninja V+